Thursday 9 March 2017

Raindrop Top


A few weeks ago,  Faberwood very kindly contacted me and asked if I would like to sew something out of one of their gorgeous fabrics. Of course, I said yes, and after much 'umming' and 'errring' I settled on this jersey Aime Comme Marie fabric. It is absolutely gorgeous! The fabric feels so nice, and the pattern is really cute, but at the same time not at all childish. Also, some of the drops are glittery! So what's not to love?


For the pattern, I decided to do another pattern hack. I knew that I wanted a raised hemline at the front which then dipped down at the back. As usual, I used the Tilly and the Buttons Coco pattern as my base. I then cut a curve in the pattern which turned out not at all as I had immagined... However, with a bit of tweeking I got the curve just as I wanted it, and I love how its turned out. 


You can see from the picture that the hem follows a curve (the fabric has bunched up in the photo but the curve is smooth!). I really love this side view, I love the proportions of the top. Another detail that I added was the make short sleeves and turn up a small cuff on the end. The fabric is lovely and smooth on the back, so it works really well on the sleeves. The pattern doesn't go through to the back either, which was a bonus for what I was trying to do.


Overall I am so pleased with this top! It's different, which I like, but I am thinking of doing some more versions. The fabric was such a joy to sew with, it really is gorgeous! I have some left, so I'm hoping I'll just be able to scrape another top out of the rest! Thank you so much to Faberwood for sending it to me, your fabric is lovely!


No comments:

Post a Comment