Saturday, 8 July 2017

Mustard Linden Sweatshirt


This is my first make from the fabrics I got from Guthrie & Ghani that I mentioned in this post. It is the Grainline Studio Linden Sweatshirt... And I'm in love with it! I absolutely love everything about it: the colour, the fabric, the style, the fit. It was such a quick and easy make and I'm very happy with it. The fabric that I used is a gorgeous mustard knit fabric, which is perfect for the pattern. As you may be aware, mustard and navy is my absolute favourite colour combination right now, and I am shamelessly wearing outfits of those colour in constant rotation. This jumper is the perfect edition.


What makes this pattern special are the raglan sleeves, which I really like. The pattern comes in two views (I chose view B). You can either decide to make a classic sweater, including cuffs and ribbing, or more of a top, which is slightly cropped and has shorter sleeves. This is the only version I've tried out so far, but I'd like to make the other too sometime. I really like the neckband on the design too, I'm always looking for different techniques to try out. Sewing the neckband in this fabric was really easy, so I was happy to have started with this one, as I have also made one for my Mum (which I will blog soon!) which used much stretchier jersey and so was a lot harder to sew.


Another thing I love about this pattern is the hem-line. I love a good high-low hem (as you may know from this top) and this pattern is perfectly design to sit in exactly the right place. I really like the side view of this jumper, the hem looks lovely. To finish off the hem, I sewed a double row of stitching. I love double stitching, and I don't mind taking the extra time to sew it twice rather that using a twin needle. Although I would like to try one out sometime, I didn't bother with the extra expense, and I have also heard that they aren't always accurate. I do need to test out a twin needle though to find out if this is true!


Overall I'm really pleased with this super simple and speedy sew! The Linden Sweatshirt is almost certainly going to be a pattern I use over and over, the shape is so lovely and it's just so quick and easy to make. Have I mentioned I love this fabric?! Although it's not coming out in the pictures, it actually has flecks of red and blue on it as well as some different textures, which adds a lovely twist to a classic colour. This is definitely going to be getting a lot of wear!

No comments:

Post a Comment